Friday, May 16, 2008

Remembering the happy times





While we were in Houston, it was important to all of us that we try to tie in some happy things for the girls so that they didn't remember this time entirely as a sad time. So, we tried to do things that PaPa liked to do with the girls to remember the happy times with him.

We went swimming at the pool there at the apartment complex where my parents had recently moved. Kara took her first dip into the pool. (with her feet only because the water was so cold). Brenna and Taylor wanted to swim at every opportunity, no matter how cold. Papa loved to watch the girls swim and splash around. The girls even talked Mama into swimming once.

We also went to the park. Papa loved to take the girls to the park and watch them play. So, I think that as the girls look back on this time of loss for us all, they will also remember the "fun" things we did while we visited.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awww, that makes me so happy for them. Yes, they should remember all the happy times that they got to spend with your dad. I keep thinking back to the day I brought EmmyKate to see your mom and dad while you were at work and he just talked to her until he wore her out and she fell asleep in my arms. He had a way with little girls!

thehirschgang said...

I LOVE the picture of Kara here. It's so cute. I'm so glad you got to have some happy times, for all of you, during your trip.
I was remembering giving your dad that remote control car for Christmas two years ago and laughed out loud. He was like a little kid!
We love you guys...and are glad you're back. The fish was yummy!