Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Water from the Rock

As I read this story in Exodus 17, it made me think about how God gives us water from "rocks" in our lives. The Israelites were grumbling and complaining about their circumstances (granted, they were in the desert) and not having anything to drink. Moses took the people's complaint before God, in fear of his life, and asked God what to do. God, being God, leads Moses to take his staff, strike a rock, and water will come out. SO, I sit here thinking... When I am about to lose my mind with the kids, one of them will say or do something, or even smile in a way that causes me to stop and say "Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of children." Or, when you feel like nothing in your day is going right and you get a phone call from a friend, just to say "I was thinking about you..." Even better is when the hard times come, you fall on your face before God, worn out, drained, and sometimes even frustrated, and you hear Him say... " I AM" The refreshing water of our Father in heaven can be found through so many different things. All of them reflect his glory. That is water from a rock.

No comments: